Guest Speakers: Noam Zion, Sr. Research Fellow and Educator at the Shalom Hartman Institute & Philippe J. Weil TEP, Author and Founding Principal of P.J.Weil Ltd.
Host: Jamie Traeger-Muney, Ph.D., Founding Principal of Wealth Legacy Group
Description: In this session, we will learn 10 ways to help define and convey one’s own family identity to our heirs.
Handout: View here!
- Deathbed Blessings
- Parental responsibility
- Multi-generational Project of Tikkun Olam
- Parental Self-criticism: Confession, Asking for and Granting Forgiveness
- Finding a Successor: who will take are of those I leave behind?
- Taking the burden of Planning the Appropriate Farewell of the backs of the children
Purposeful Quote: "Don't judge another until you have stood in his place" - Hilel, Pirkei Avot, (2nd century CE)
- Ethical Wills & how to prepare them: A Guide to Sharing Your Values from Generation to Generation (Rabbi Jack Riemer, Dr. Nathaniel Stampfer, Rabbi Harold S. Kushner)
- Social Impact in Hundred-Year Family Business: How Family Values Drive Sustainability Through Philanthropy, Impact Investing and CSR (Dennis Jaffe, Isabelle Lescent-Giles, Jamie Traeger-Muney)