Download Call (MP3)
Date: June 27th
Guest Speaker: Fred Leviton
Summary: Dental Lifeline Network is a national humanitarian organization that provides access to comprehensive dentistry for society’s most vulnerable individuals who have disabilities or who are elderly or medically at-risk and have no other way to get help. Fred and his team joined us to talk about the extraordinary work that their volunteers are doing to help thousands of individuals in need each year.
- Dental Lifeline Network is coordinates 15,000 volunteer dentists and 3,200 volunteer labs that provide free comprehensive dental care to individuals with disabilities or who are elderly or medically at-risk.
- In the past 25 years, over 103,000 people nationwide have received almost $200 million in comprehensive treatment through our Donated Dental Services (DDS) program. Over the past year alone, over 7,000 patients received $22.5 million in donated services that dramatically transformed their lives by ending their pain and restoring their health, hope and dignity.
- For many, dental care is life-saving. They cannot begin life-sustaining medical treatments such as heart surgery, joint replacement, chemotherapy, or an organ transplant because of dental infections.
- Currently over 17,000 deserving patients are on our wait list, all eager to begin treatment. Dental Lifeline Network is in need of financial support to increase capacity and recruit and support even more volunteers.
- Each dollar donated provides $15 in comprehensive treatment that transforms lives in all 50 states.
Purposeful Quote: “Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead